Wednesday, October 14, 2009 | 11:21 AM
Over the past few months, Google Product Search released some great new features for shoppers and merchants. Heading into the holiday season, we want to make sure you have all the information you need to maximize the impact of your data feeds. Here's a checklist to make sure you're all set:
- Submit all recommended and optional attributes, wherever they're relevant: the more information shoppers have, the more they know about the products you offer. For example, make sure you're submitting the UPC, Brand, and Product Type attributes.
- Use the Google Local Business Center to send us your local store locations: Google Product Search is now showing local store locations in our search results, so make sure to send us this data. Also, if you have local stores, include the "online only" attribute for any items you only stock online.
- Send us the largest and highest-quality images you have. We're planning on experimenting with displays that use large images; products that have big, high-quality images will stand out. Please send us images that are at least 300 x 300 pixels, without resizing them.
- As the pace of shopping speeds up for the holidays, it's important to make sure you're submitting often enough to keep your listings fresh and accurate for stock status and pricing.
- Use Google Analytics or your favorite web analytics program to track your traffic.