Thursday, November 5, 2009 | 11:19 AM
Ever wanted to have Google quality search and ultra fast speed for your online store? Now you can. Today we are launching Google Commerce Search to provide the search on your retail website. Google Commerce Search also leverages the data feed that you submit through Google Merchant Center so you don't need to submit your data again to use Google Commerce Search for your online store.
Google Commerce Search (GCS) is a hosted, cloud-based offering that brings the relevancy, speed, and Google ease-of-use to e-commerce sites.
GCS also has a bunch of user-friendly features that make shopping on online stores easier, and search results more refined and accurate. Some of those features are:
- speed – GCS leverages Google's ultra fast platform, because it's hosted, providing sub-second response times to users.
- Google quality and ranking – GCS analyzes every item in our index using proprietary signals to determine its optimal placement in the result set, for more accurate query results for shoppers.
- parametric search and sorting – GCS allows users to refine or sort results by category, price, brand, or other attribute; this is fully-functional parametric search for e-stores.
- product boost and promotions – Retailers can boost the relevance of certain items, or highlight specific products during a sale, and cross-sell related products.
- spell check, stemming and synonyms – By leveraging the larger Google engine, GCS can include these advanced search and synonym options, so the shopping experience is smoother for customers – even customers who mistype.
- fast deployment and scale – Since this is a cloud-based offering, GCS can be deployed in days and, because it's hosted on the Google platform, retailers can scale to meet their higher-demand periods like the holidays without worrying about slowdowns or spikes.
For more information check out google.com/commercesearch.